After cooking that Veggie Fried Brown Rice last week, I have been thinking of other ways to enjoy brown rice + veggies. On my most recent grocery store trip, I bought several tomatoes and avocados to incorporate into new, healthy meals. And, I came up with Fried Brown Rice with Avocado and Tomato.
Making this meal took about ten minutes, which was perfect because I didn't have much time to spare this week. I'm sharing the ingredients and instructions below so you can try it yourself if you love brown rice, avocado, and tomatoes! This reminded me of a dish I had when I studied abroad in Spain, but that dish had meat in it. I really enjoyed this rice meal for dinner and lunch a few times this week.
1 or 2 Roma Tomatoes
1. Heat skillet and add olive oil. Rinse and cut up tomatoes and avocado.
2. Beat eggs in separate bowl, then add to skillet and fry. Then cut up egg into small pieces using a spoon. (Fun fact: I typically hate eggs, but love them in fried rice).
3. Add in pre-cooked brown rice.
4. Add in cilantro (tear into smaller pieces).
5. Sprinkle black pepper and basil on the rice in the skillet.
6. Add in avocado and tomato. Let them get a little warm, but do not allow them to cook.
7. Drizzle honey on top for a sweeter taste.
Have a great weekend! I'm spending this weekend catching up on rest, emails, and continuing with the June workout challenge! Enjoy yours :)