This past Saturday marked my 2 year Blogaversary! (2 years of blogging here at Real College Student of Atlanta). This post is a little late because I was on a family trip and did not blog while spending time with my family.
I recently read an article with 25 Signs You're Succeeding at Life - Even If It Doesn't Feel Like It, and I loved it. Blogging, just like the rest of life can sometimes become a big competition that seems to have no end or no real results of success. But I've learned over these past two years that the success of blogging is visible in the small and large aspects. For example, I have felt successful when I landed a partnership with a company I love and respect. And, I have felt successful when I received a complimentary email from a reader who I may never meet.
Playing off the article mentioned above, here are
10 Signs You're Succeeding at Blogging - Even If It Doesn't Feel Like It
1. Writing and reading your blog posts makes you happy and is therapeutic for you.
2. When someone you know or don't know reads your post and tells you in person or in a comment that they appreciate/relate to the post.
3. You blog on a regular basis/as much as your schedule permits.
4. You're no longer afraid to post your true thoughts, feelings, and authentic self.
5. You don't let your number of readers/page views determine your blog's worth in your eyes.
6. You've made connections with other bloggers or readers in the blogasphere.
7. You're happy for other bloggers' successes and achievements. And you don't compare the apparent success of other bloggers to your own success.
8. You have goals for your blog and you believe you will achieve them.
9. You work to improve your blog's appearance, writing, and photography overtime.
10. You know that rejection and failure are aspects of blogging (and life) that only make you a better blogger and better person.