I'm approaching the three-month mark of eating like a Pescatarian. How long does one have to go before being able to call themselves a Pescatarian?? I've been around chicken and other meats at parties and cookouts and I just haven't had a desire to go back to eating red meats. This new lifestyle has inspired some creative meals, and has actually decreased the amount I spend at the grocery store.
I've been craving fried rice, so I decided to make my own veggie version and used brown rice to make it a healthy recipe. This Veggie Fried Brown Rice was so great and so simple. And the best part…the ingredients for this meal (4-6 servings) was under $5!
Brown Rice (1 bag)
Olive Oil (dime-sized amount)
Frozen Mixed Veggies (1 bag)
Lemon or lemon juice (2 teaspoons)
Brown sugar (1 teaspoon)
1. Heat skillet and add olive oil
2. Beat eggs in separate bowl, then add to skillet and fry. Then cut up egg into small pieces using a spoon. (Fun fact: I typically hate eggs, but love them in fried rice).
3. Add in pre-cooked brown rice.
4. Add in frozen vegetables. Then add chopped fresh parsley.
5. Sprinkle on black pepper, red pepper, brown sugar, and add lemon juice.
6. Stir around as desired.
I think this would also taste great with some soy sauce or yum yum sauce! But I didn't add any sauce to keep this a healthy meal.