One of my favorite appetizers is the Bang Bang Shrimp that Bonefish Grille serves. The shrimp is spicy, tangy, and covered in a creamy sauce - all sitting on top of a bed of lettuce. It is so good. But I cannot imaging how many calories and other unhealthy ingredients work to make that shrimp possible. I was craving some the other day so I set out to make an alternative, healthy version of this shrimp. See photos and a recipe for my Mango Bang Bang Shrimp below!
8-12 large shrimp (fresh or frozen)
red pepper flakes
1. Sautee the chopped onions, cole slaw, and purple cabbage in a large skillet with olive oil
2. Soak the shrimp in 1 cup of lemon juice and black pepper for 5-10 minutes
3. Add the shrimp to the skillet and then season with the spices
4. Allow the shrimp to cook and mix with the other ingredients in the skillet
5. Add in 1 tablespoon of buffalo sauce and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, and 2 tablespoons of mango salsa
6. Stir and mix until shrimp is cooked well
I sprinkled on some parsley and black pepper at the end!
Such an easy and tasty meal!
Serve on a bed of lettuce (or something more indulgent) and enjoy! :)