Fried red tomatoes: why didn't I try this sooner?
Living in the south, of course I LOVE fried green tomatoes. If a restaurant has them on the menu, there is a 95% chance that I'll order them.
These are similar, but have the incredible taste of juicy red tomatoes! This was seriously so easy. I made them for family & friends on Sunday and they quickly disappeared!
What you'll need:
2-3 red tomatoes, sliced
Bread crumbs and/or flour
1. Wash & slice tomatoes. Sprinkle pepper and any other desired herbs on tomato slices
2. Crack two eggs in a bowl then beat until mixed well
3. Pour bread crumbs and/or flour on flat tray for coating tomatoes
4. Dip tomato slice in (flour, if using) then egg mixture, then coat with bread crumbs (as desired), then place in fryer/skillet
5. Fry tomatoes in skillet for 45 seconds to 1 minute before flipping over
6. Remove tomatoes from skillet and allow for some cooling before enjoying!
Have you ever had fried green or red tomatoes?