Whether we like it or not, February 14 will indeed take place. I’ve started to think of Valentine’s Day as more of a holiday to celebrate love in general, not just having a loved one. I also believe in doing something you love with someone you love spending time with! This can be a friend, significant other, family member, texting buddy, or yourself (introverts).
Here are 14 randomly fun ways to spend your Valentine’s Day around Atlanta
1. Participate in the Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure in Atlanta | Form a team of 2-5 people and use your smart phone to solve clues and compete in challenges as you discover some hidden gems in the city. Read more details here.
2. Ice skating at Atlantic Station | Enjoy the last day of this attraction with a friend or a group! Atlantic Station offers a student discount, and there are plenty of activities to choose from at Atlantic Station after you skate! Read more details here & see my ice skating adventure here.
3. Go rock climbing at the Atlanta Rocks | Rock climbing is more fun when you’re doing it with a friend! Read more details here.
4. Go on a date at Chow Baby and create meals for one another | Creating a meal at Chow Baby can either be delicious or disastrous, but it’s always interesting to taste your cooked creation! Take a stab at designing a delicious meal for your V-Day date and vice versa. Read more details here.
5. Go on a Walking Tour of the BeltLine then have a picnic | The BeltLine is one of Atlanta’s newest projects and it’s full of beautiful views and greenery. Take a tour of this newly designed area of Atlanta, then have a picnic at nearby Inman Park or eat at a surrounding restaurant. Read more details here.
6. Valentine’s Day at the High Museum | Enjoy Valentine’s Day-themed appetizers and desserts as you stroll through the collection of art during the Love & Romance tours at the High. Also enjoy dancing the night away to romantic music, date-night games, and a photo booth! Read more details here.
7. Stupid Cupid Night at El Taco | If you insist on putting down this holiday, you might as well do it with good food, good drinks, and good company. Read more details here.
8. Visit the World of Coke | Learn more about Atlanta’s world-famous drink by touring and tasting at the World of Coke, located near other great Atlanta attractions. Be sure to take a photo with the polar bear before you leave! Read more details here.
9. Have a photo shoot with a friend/significant other w/ the Atlanta skyline as the backdrop | The Atlanta skyline provides the perfect backdrop for a couples photo or group photo with friends. Take turns being the photographer or use a self-timer to take some fun photos around the city.
10. SkyView Atlanta Ferris Wheel | On Valentine’s Day, share a sweet view of the city with someone you love. The ferris wheel is the perfect date-night activity or Atlanta bucket list activity for you and a friend. Read more details here.
11. Dinner and a movie at Atlantic Station | With several new movies premiering on Valentine's Day, why not see one after a great meal at your favorite Atlantic Station restaurant. See my favorite restaurants here.
12. Valentine's Day Yoga Party | An hour of yoga + post-yoga cocktail + healthy snacks, sounds like a fun way to spend the evening with someone special. See more details here.
13. Valentine's Day at Atlanta Botanical Gardens | Take a romantic stroll through the tropical conservatory while you sip and munch on Valentine's Day goodies! Read more details here.
14. Valentine's Celebration at The Melting Pot | I went on a date at Melting Pot recently and it was such a unique dining experience because of the interaction required for the meal. This Valentine's Day special includes a holiday menu of four delicious courses. Read more details here.
How are you planning to spend VDay?