Mondays are usually my least favorite. But today was pretty great overall. I only had one class this morning and I spent the rest of the day resting, catching up on emails, editing photos from sessions this weekend, and working on some school essays. After all of that, I decided to make a quick healthy meal because my body was craving something nutritious. Kale salad with Strawberry Stuffed Salmon was a great idea.
This meal took me 10 minutes to prep, that's it! And this was the best kale salad I've ever had. As usual, the ingredients were inspired by…whatever I found in my fridge. That always sparks creativity.
I made enough for dinner tonight, lunch & a snack tomorrow.
Kale (half of a bunch, chopped)
White mushrooms (handful, chopped)
Broccoli slaw (1 cup)
Asparagus (5, chopped)
Black pepper (sprinkled)
Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing
Rinse ingredients then add to the bowl
Sprinkle Mozarella cheese on top
Strawberry Stuffed Salmon Ingredients
Salmon (1 fillet)
Strawberries (1 cup)
Raspberry Vinaigrette (2 teaspoons)
Strawberry Stuffed Salmon instructions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Rinse salmon filet with cool water
3. Place on aluminum foil
4. Rinse and slice up half of the strawberries and smash the other half in a bowl/cup
5. Place the cut strawberries around the salmon on the foil
6. Pour 2 teaspoons of raspberry vinaigrette and 2 teaspoons of worcestershire sauce on the salmon
7. Evenly cover the salmon with seasonings (black pepper, lemon pepper, basil, curry)
8. Bake in the over for 15-20 minutes
9. Cut into the salmon in different areas to add in smashed strawberries (strawberry filling)
10. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through
This salad was so yummy and just the healthy meal I needed to start the week! If you love kale, strawberries, salmon, or all of the above like I do -- try this!!