Are you searching for a more meaningful gift this holiday season?
Why not choose a present that not only the children will love, but also helps those children around the world in need of a quality education. This holiday season, the IKEA Soft Toys For Education Campaign is back in full swing! Running from November 4 - December 29, this annual event continues to raise money to educate children around the world. Since 2003, the IKEA Soft Toys For Education campaign has donated $61.75 million in donations to UNICEF (their global children’ charity partner) and Save the Children (their national children’s charity partner), helping 8 million children through over 70 programs.
IKEA Atlanta has contributed more $175 thousand to this total since 2005 including donations of soft toys to local charities (Toys For Tots, For The Children Inc, For The Kid In All Of Us, Atlanta Children’s Shelter and more) to ensure this effort impacts children in our own back yard.
To kick off the annual campaign, they would like Atlantans to help to raise awareness for IKEA Soft Toys For Education. Do one of the following on the IKEA USA Facebook event titled: Atlanta - The ATL Believes in Educating Children Around The World
1. Upload a 5 second video with you holding a soft toy and speaking about the campaign for YouTube and social media, script examples:
1. IKEA Atlanta soft toys help educate children around the world.
2. Kids books from IKEA Atlanta help educate children around the world.
2. Upload a Digital Photo of you holding soft toy with a comment on the facebook wall for the event and/or twitter, examples:
1. @IKEA_Atlanta soft toys help educate children around the world #IKEAsofttoys
2. Kids books from @IKEA_Atlanta help educate children around the world #IKEAsofttoys
How the campaign works:
IKEA Soft Toys – which include stuffed animals, finger puppets and books – range in price from $.49 - $19.99 and are available in all IKEA stores and online during the holiday season. For every IKEA Soft Toy that a customer purchases, IKEA Foundation donates one euro (approximately $1.29 US) to the Soft Toys For Education Campaign.
These incredibly affordable and cuddly animals will certainly put a smile in the hearts of children, while supporting millions of others in need of a quality education! Such a great cause that I'm happy to support! <3